- December 22, 2016 at 6:27 pm #3479adminKeymaster
Tips for PhD scholars for writing PhD Journals
Here are some tips for PhD scholars for writing PhD Journals. PhD scholars need to complete at least two PhD Journals and hence #writingjournals is an integral part of the #PhD curriculum when the #doctoralstudent wants to set the imprints of being the #researchscholar. Tips for PhD scholars for writing PhD Journals
- As a researcher, you need to choose a topic or an area that fascinates you. So it will be worthwhile to #research/write and a good book is ‘Research Project’ about that you are passionately about. My experience as a PhD. Candidate, I find that most of my style of writing tends to find out more or understand more. So it is about a particular phenomenon and explaining it more which intrigues me. As I research more, I keep explaining it to myself about a new and interesting way which is worthy of publication.
- RULE two is to BE ORGANISED – planning the limited time is essential as submission is not in your hands, especially when there are many things to do in limited time. A good guide is ‘Palgrave Student’s Planner’ that is worth every penny.
- Make sure that you set aside one slot of time each day/week when you do research and also make sure of other forces that should not infringe on your research work on this time.
- So as a #researcher, I can easily view at macro level what I need to do and by when. This is important and the use of white-board with a ‘to do’ list with tasks listed monthly and their deadlines in a logbook can be of great help. It is encouraging to strike off those on which I have worked on (usually with a great sense of accomplishment!). It is a manual work but worth the habit to grow on you.
- To plan research section in chunks: so there can be a plan to do in this week, this month, in few months, yearly target, three year target. So as a research you need to have a clear idea for what you want to achieve. The challenge is to stick to this as much as you can.
- Also is it important for you to know that if you tend to think more than a year ahead. As the feedback of the university professor will affect the process of research and the research outcomes.
- The most important structural element is to understand citing and may be you can use, ‘Cite Them Right’ book that is now on discounted offer. Easy or less time-intensive tasks such as correcting proofs, #editing or formatting a journal article or chapter for #submission or #reading some materials and taking notes can be fitted in smaller periods of time. To master literature review if you are an international student then use ‘Academic writing’ book will load you with tips. Tips for PhD scholars for writing PhD Journals
- So whatever research time you need to start writing as academic writing is very different from what you have written before. Recommendation is to go through ’Success in Academic writing’ and practice until you perfect it.
- Make a early start as submission time is fixed so the sooner the better. So the first draft which you have written, save it in your computer, show it to the professor, friends and ask for opinions. Be open to criticisms or else you can never improve, read ‘How to get a PhD., as defending thesis is facing criticisms. It can always be polished and developed later , but you need to master the skill to do it and it is not an instant ‘Starkbucks coffee’. In this case your starting point should be journal writing or start with literature review or do not even think to progress to thesis.
- Organise your writing as per time frame into different computer files with appropriate names and maintain logbook with dates, in the following manner: articles in progress, submitted articles, accepted #articles, #conferencepapers, #blogposts, #bookproposals, #grantapplications etc.
- You can never loose that feeling unenthusiastic if you have been rejected or returned the piece you have written and do not have mental energy to write another piece of writing.
- There has to be deadlines and try to meet these. It should be like achieving the milestones. Tips for PhD scholars for writing PhD Journals
If you feel that you need help, shoot an email, chat with us, or even send a poke through whatsapp.
Or visit: http://www.dissertationshelp4u.com/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.